HOW TO MAKE BLEACH
Today we are going to learn the simple steps to make bleach for our domestic uses.
Bleach also called “hypo” is the generic name for any chemical product which is used industrially and domestically to whiten clothes, lighten hair color and remove stains. It often refers, specifically, to a dilute solution of sodium hypo chloride, also called “liquid bleach”.
1Kg of chlorine,
1/8kg of caustic soda,
1/8kg of soda ash,
16 litre of water,
These are the simple steps to make bleach
– Pour your water in a big bucket and pour the chlorine inside the water.
– Pour your soda ash and stir.
– Pour the caustic soda and stir also.
– Cover the bucket for 24 hours.
– Thereafter you will notice some settlement which is now chaff.
– Separate the liquid content, the chaff can be used for another purpose like washing back of pot.
-The liquid content is your bleach so you can now package it in your container for use or you sell it.
– please add some water if you notice the bleach is too harsh to reduce the harshness.