WASHING POWDER (DETERGENT)
In this post i will show you how to make washing powder (detergent) that we all use at home
-4 litre palm kernel oil or fatty acid,
-1kg caustic soda,
-2kg soda ash,
-1/2 litre hydrogen peroxide ( H202),
-150ml industrial salt,
-250ml foaming agent,
-30ml sulphuric acid,
-1 litre water,
-colourant to your satisfaction,
-fragrance to your satisfaction,
1. Prepare the caustic soda solution by pouring the caustic soda in a bucket and add 1 litre of water. Stir thoroughly, cover tightly and leave to ferment for 72 hours, you can allow it to ferment for more than three days if you want but should not use if it is not up to 3 days.
2. With your nose mask on, add the soda ash to the caustic soda solution and stir with your turning stick very well until uniformly blended.
3. Pour the palm kernel oil into the mixture and add the colourant while stirring vigorously only in clockwise direction till it blends well.
4. Add the hydrogen peroxide, ammonium, industrial salt, sulphuric acid, foaming agent and the fragrance into the mixture.
5. Pour into dryer for drying or spread under the sun to dry.
6. After drying, grate or pulverise and then sieve.