Today we are going to discuss Barrenness, its causes, prevention, and solution to it.
An excellent number of couples find it challenging to conceive, many years once they tie the knots with their partners. For some, it is probably because of a few underlying fitness conditions. For a few others, it just might be because of now not timing their intercourse.
You name it “Barrenness”. We call it, INFERTILITY!
What Is Infertility?
It is the inability to get pregnant after having FREQUENT, PENETRATIVE, EJACULATORY, UNPROTECTED SEX for at least 1 YEAR.
Those words in capital letters are essential.
- It needs to be frequent: at least once each two days. To recognize your fertile period, See a little time here:
- There needs to be Ejaculation: The man should launch his sperm inner your vagina.
- It ought to be unprotected: you do not have intercourse with condoms and be crying about no longer getting pregnant.
Before we go further, allow us to explain a few things. For being pregnant to occur;
- There must be a Sperm (from the man) and an Egg (from the woman).
- The sperm has to satisfy the Egg, and each of them would join (fertilize). Hence, each the sperm and the Egg must be OK.
- The fertilized Egg and Sperm has to Implant within the Womb of the woman (hence, there must be no structural hassle with the woman’s Womb).
What Causes Infertility/Barrenness?
Infertility can be a result of malefactors (the man) or female factors (the woman).
This has to do with the problems of the sperm. Remember we said the sperm needs to be OK (in each range and quality) for being pregnant to occur. These possible troubles with sperm are:
1. Abnormal Sperm Production: This can be a result of health issues like Diabetes, infections consisting of gonorrhoea, chlamydia, HIV, and genetic defects. This produces sperms that are not viable (true). Overexposure to certain chemicals, cigarettes, marijuana smoking, excessive alcohol intake, and so on can affect sperm production. Hence, where a person works is very important. You want to prevent those if you need to try to make that baby. Long-distance driving also influences sperm production, because of the warmth from the seat (where the auto engine is beneath).
2. Problems With Delivery Of Sperms: This includes sexual issues like untimely ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, genetic issues, blockage within the testes would motive difficulties in delivering sperms that might make babies in a woman.
3. Damage to the male reproductive machine due to most cancers treatment (Chemotherapy).
This may be because of the Egg, the tube, the Womb, or the hormones.
1. Ovulation Disorders: Many hormone disorders could affect the release of eggs from the ovaries in the course of ovulation. They are a significant cause.
2. Abnormalities Of The Womb: Cancerous growths and non-cancerous growths such as fibroid can occupy area intended for the baby inside the Womb.
3. Blockage or harm of the fallopian tubes caused by infections like PID, Salpingitis, and so forth.
4. Early Menopause/Ovarian Failure: This is while the ovaries forestall running, and menstruation ends earlier than the age of 40.
5. Cancer and its treatments.
Things That Increases The Risk Of Infertility In Both Men and Women:
- Age: Women- fertility drops from age 37 in women. Men- Over 40 men will be less fertile.
- Tobacco Use: Miscarriage in women and erectile dysfunction in men
- Alcohol Use: Decreases sperm count number in men
- Weight: Being Overweight and underweight has been validated to affect fertility in both men and girls.
How do I Manage/Treat Infertility?
If you’ve got been seeking to get pregnant for over a year without success, it’s miles encouraged that you;
1. See your health practitioner, mainly your gynaecologist: you need to try this with your husband/partner. It’s a couple of things.
2. Do the required checks that the doctor could ask you to do (both man and wife) to find out any clinical causes and treat it.
3. Always try to have intercourse every two days, in particular at some point in your fertile duration which targets ovulation. See how to know your fertile period here.
4. Avoid risk elements that can put off your pregnancy. (See preconception care)
Prevention Strategies for Infertility
A precise number of the damages that show up to our reproductive device happens at the adolescent/teenagers stage. One significant way of stopping Infertility is with the aid of making lifestyle changes.
- Stop smoking
- Stop drinking
- Practice safe intercourse: infections can motive harm to the fallopian tubes or the male vas.
- Avoid Unsafe Abortions: dangerous abortions can cause damages to the Womb and tubes.
- Exercise regularly
- Visit the hospital, not church.
Please and please “Barrenness” is a term that shouldn’t also be attributed to a HUMAN BEING