HOW TO PREPARE CATFISH PEPPER SOUP
In this post, I will show you how to prepare catfish pepper soup
-catfish /fresh fish/goat meat or head (Isiewu)
Cow leg /meat
– Yellow pepper or dry black pepper,
– Fresh red pounded chilli pepper and tomatoes
– Eire (scent leaf)
– Utazi vegetable (it’s a bitter leaf from the eastern part of Nigeria)
– Ere (it a small round seed (Yoruba’s call it Ariwo)
– Uririen (long black seed-like alligator pepper)
-gbafulo (it is in a round brown shape)
– Native salt-(it’s very salty) a pinch
-Omilo (in a small rough round shape)
-Aidan (it called in Yoruba land, it the long black big thick stick that has plenty seed inside)
All the spices are not compulsory, but it gives a very spicy and rich pepper soup, or in place of the above. These ingredients below are enough
– Ginger 1/8 of a clove
– Cat/ fish/ fresh fish/ goat meat or head 1½ oz
– Fresh yellow pepper or pounded red chilli pepper 1 oz
- Efiri (scent leaf) small handful
- Garlic 1/8 of a clove
- Uririen 3 seeds
Boil the meats, do not boil the fish, wash the fish and season, if it is catfish, and wash it with warm water to remove the slime from the skin.
Grind all the ingredients spices and pepper.
Add water into a thick pan allow it to boil for 5 minutes, then add pepper and all the spices, a pinch of natural salt and seasoning.
Add meats or fish. Allow boil for 10 minutes.
Add the Efiri scent leaf and Utazi bitter leaf.
Optional sliced fresh tomatoes.
Check seasoning if okay to taste then serve with a very chilled drink.
Pepper soup is usually served in a bowl