PRESERVATIVES FOR MAKING CREAM, LOTION AND GEL
SKINCARE AND PRESERVATIVES
A preservative is an anti-microbial solution that helps to prevent fungi(mold) and other things from growing in your products.
Preservatives are needed in any product that has water in it to prevent bacteria and mold from growing in it.
Many people like their products and soaps to be all-natural, but sometimes there just isn’t a way to make everything 100% natural.
Some of the preservatives are:-
- Germaben – Germaben is a great preservative to use when you are making lotions, as it helps to keep them nice and creamy.
- Optiphen – Optiphen is a paraben and formaldehyde-free preservative. It is best to use in your oil-based recipes like shampoos, conditioners, and some lotions.
- Optiphen ND– Optiphen ND is a water-soluble, broad spectrum preservative. This preservative works best in surfactant based systems, shampoos, conditioners, gels, creams, and lotions.
- Phenonip – Phenonip is a liquid preservative that helps to suppress the full range of microbial growth in your cremes, lotions, salt scrubs, dusting powders and liquid soap bases. When making products at a higher temperature, this is going to be the preservative you are going to want to use.
- Optiphen Plus – Optiphen Plus is a water-soluble, paraben- and formaldehyde-free preservative. You can use Optiphen Plus in any recipe you are using water in and it helps to protect against bacteria, mold growth and even yeast!